Back home after a few weeks, and feels good. You know you're in Mumbai when:
- You're out driving, and it's all nice and sunny, and in two minutes it begins to pour and everyone is scampering. And then two minutes later the scene is exactly the same as it was earlier, except everything and everybody is now moving through a sheet of rain
- You have to meet a friend who lives on the other side of town, and both of you whole-heartedly agree that it is best served by taking a local train instead of driving through evening rush hour.
- You have to attend a friend's wedding with three elaborate functions, and your friends and you are conspiring to get away by attending only the reception. Mostly because of work, but also because if we attend just the wedding, that's all right too, yes?
- When you have to navigate half a dozen rickshaws, two BEST buses, random cyclists, and twenty pedestrians just to get into your office lane.
- When out of any 10 random conversations in the day, the probability that one or more of the following topics will be covered is very close to 1:
- The stock exchange, and the latest hot stock tip
- The situation of potholes on the roads
- Which movie is playing, and what's the latest Bollywood gossip. Not that I care, but did you know that Dia Mirza is seeing Kunal Kapoor!
- You don't hesitate before calling people up on weekends, cause hey if I am working, so should he!